The Governing Body of the College constitutes with the president nominated by the Director of Higher Education, Kahilipara (Assam), the principal of the College taken role as the secretary, two teacher members from the teaching staff for one year , one member from the non-teaching staff, one member from students' guardian , a donor member and the librarian of the college. The codes of conduct of the governing body of the college are-
1. The Governing Body sanctions and accepts the matters proposed or taken resolutions and passed through the meeting held in the college.
2. The Governing Body would act as a regulatory authority of the college.
3. The Governing Body must have neutral and settle any dispute in the most amiable and reasonable way.
4. The Governing Body would ensure complete transparency in financial and appointment matters.
5. The Governing Body though changed its President and members from time to time, would remain the democratic management system.
Code of Conduct for Principal
The Principal of a college has multifarious roles to play viz. an administrator, patron, supervisor, defender, inspirer, controller and so on to develop and maintain effective educational programmes within his / her college. As the academic and administrative head of the institution, the principal is liable to follow certain codes of ethics in his conduct which are determined by the University Grants Commission, New Delhi and The Government of Assam. He/ she should always be honest, fair, caring, protective and law binding. Besides having these traits, the principal has
i. To chalk out the policy and development plans to fulfill the mission and vision of the college.
ii. To ensure that the staff and students are cognizant of rules, policies, procedures and other orders proclaimed by the college and the University authorities and enforce them splendidly.
iii. To ensure the competence and effectiveness in the whole of administrative plans and assignments.
iv. To execute any other qualitative and quantitative work for the comfort and welfare of the institution.
v. The responsibility of addressing and resolving all issues concerned to his/her institution.
vi. To ensure that enough importance is given to the gender sensitivity measures in all the activities of the college.
vii. To take all the disciplinary measures and necessary actions as per the direction of regulatory authority. In this regard his/ her action should be impartial and complete lucidity.
viii. Fair in his/her action for all the members of the faculty, non-teaching staff and students.
ix. The responsibility to conduct smoothly the curricular, co-curricular and extra- curricular activities.
x. To listen the students' ideas affectionately and set the supportive tone.
xi. To carry himself/herself with the highest integrity and has to exhibit magnificent and strong leadership skills.
xii. To strive academic practices for the community development.
Code of Conduct for Teachers
It is said that a good teacher is like a candle that consumes itself while lighting the way for others. It means that a teacher gives the information which the students do not know and points them the right way to others. The teaching of a teacher is about inspiring and motivating students to realize their potentials and to achieve great things and be a good human being. The teachers of this college are subject to the guidelines provided by the University Grants Commission, New Delhi. Besides following the UGC guidelines, the teachers should encompass the following codes.
i. Every teacher will be present at the college of his/her duty as per the prescribed hours.
ii. The teachers should render their duties efficiently and diligently.
iii. The teachers will adhere strictly to the rules and regulations of the college.
iv. They should be concerned and committed to the interest of the students in terms of education.
v. They should not prevent any student from expressing their viewpoint. On the contrary the teachers should encourage the students with their constructive criticism.
vi. The teachers will try to develop the academic environment. Their attitude to every student should be compassionate.
vii. Every teacher will take classes regularly and sincerely and import lessons so as to maintain and strengthen standards of academic excellence.
viii. The teacher will inspire the students to generate more interest and develop a sense of inquiry in the pursuit of knowledge.
ix. No teacher of the college can leave without the prior permission of the authority. However, leave on medical ground, they should produce certificate to the authority within one week.
x. The teachers will not involve or engage actively inany political party or activities.
xi. They should be respectful and cooperative towards their colleagues and other employees.
xii. The teachers should not shoulder commit themselves in private tuitions.
xiii. The teachers should make available for the students even beyond the class hours and guide them properly without taking any remuneration from them.
xiv. They will deal equal treatment to every student. There should not be any partiality for them in case of assessment of merit and other matters.
xv. They will aid the students to develop and respect of our national heritage and national goals.
xvi. They will abstain from inciting students against other students, colleagues or any member of the college.
xvii. They will provide innovative and quality education to the students.
xviii. No teacher of the college refuses to carry out the decision of the administrative or academic bodies of the college or university.
Code of conduct for Non-Teaching staff
Being the employees of the state government of Assam, they will follow the code of conduct proclaimed by the state government. The college has put forward some code of ethics for them as the following:
i. They will attend the college 10 minutes before the working hours and be available during the working hours.
ii. None of them will take leave without the prior permission of the head of the institution.
iii. Each of them will perform their duties with sincerely, diligently and with accountability.
iv. They should familiarize themselves with the college policies and perform them with their best abilities.
v. They should not hamper the functioning of the college engaging themselves in political or anti-secular activities.
vi. They should adhere strictly to the official resumption, time and must dress properly.
vii. They should deal the students, teachers and other members with good manners and be cooperative to all. They should not show discrimination to anybody inside the college on the basis of caste, gender, religion or poor economic condition.
viii. No member of the staff shall address any correspondence directly to the government authorities. Such correspondence should always be routed through the principal of the college.
ix. There will be responsibility for them for using and maintenance of college equipment and furniture.
x. They must not use unauthorized persons to perform official duties.
xi. They should maintain strong relationship with other staff, students and public people.
Code of conduct for Students
Students are pillars of the nation. They are the future citizens of a country. They must be well educated, work hard and take part in all social activities in order to make a country the best in the world. They must uphold academic integrity, respect all persons, property of the college and safety for others. With this view, Jhanji Hemnath Sarma College invites students from its surroundings. They must cooperate with the institution and follow the code of ethics and conductwhich are proclaimed by the college as the following:
1. Students will maintain the highest discipline and dignified manner in and outside of the college campus. They will abide by the rules and regulations of the college and will highlight the discipline and esteem of the college.
2. Students must be punctual and regular in attending the classes and examinations. The classes are scheduled from 9.00 am to 4.15 pm (Monday to Saturday).
3. The first class of the day will start after a prayer song performed by the students and the teachers of the college. All will stand in attention till the prayer ends.
4. Students must be seated in their classroom at the beginning of each class. They must not enter or leave the classroom without the permission of the teacher.
5. Students will stand up from their seats when the teacher enters the classroom and will remain standing till they are allowed to sit. Silence and tranquility should be observed during the class hours.
6. Impersonation during roll call is a punishable offence.
7. It is the duty of every student to attend the classes regularly and punctually.
8. Malpractices like copying, use of unfair means, using mobile phones or electronic devices are strictly prohibited inside the examination hall.
9. Students can leave the campus during class hours only after getting a gate pass from the principal.
10. All the students leave the college campus immediately after 4.15 pm.
11. Students must come to the college every day (Monday to Saturday)wearing proper college uniform with displaying their valid identity card.Alternation to the uniform may be imposed a fine by the college authority.
12. Students are not allowed to and fro or gather in the verandas, corridors and staircase of the college during class hours. They should maintain silence in all the academic buildings.
13. In the events of seminar paper or project presentation, it is compulsory that all students of the concerned class be present for the entire session.
14. All leave applications (signed by parent or guardian) with supporting documents or certificates should be submitted in time to the respective HoD.
15. Students are not allowed to spend much time at college canteen or tea shops during the class hours.
16. While moving from one class to another, strict silence must be observed.
17. All the students are expected to present in college function, programmes, observation in college uniform unless otherwise specified.
18. Students are encouraged to use library books, computer and involved in professional body activities. But they must refrain from mishandling, tampering or damaging of college property. If found any such offence will be imposed fine/ suspension/ expulsion to the student with immediate effect.
19. All kinds of tattooing, body piercing, hair styling etc. that go against the spirit of academic environment of the college are strictly prohibited.
20. Smoking cigarette, chewing and spiting tobacco products or pan masala, consumption of alcohol or narcotic drugs is strictly prohibited inside the college campus. Violation of this rule will invite a disciplinary action.
21. Access to academic buildings beyond the above timing and on holidays without the written permission from the college authority will be treated a case of indiscipline.
22. Ragging in any form is strictly prohibited. Disciplinary action will be taken against those who will violate this rule. It is mandatory for all students and parent/guardian to put sign an affidavit in the annexure I & II prescribed by the college related to ragging.
23. Keep the campus neat and clean. Do not put any wastage anywhere in the college campus except the dustbin.
24. Students should carefully follow the Notices hang on the Notice Board.
25. The students who bring two wheelers to the college are advised to wear helmet. They must not indulge in rush driving inside the campus. Strict action will be taken against those who violate these rules.
26. Students are not permitted to use cell phones in the classroom. If found using mobile phone in the classroom, the cell phones would be confiscated.
27. Students staying in the college hostels should not bring cell phone in the classroom.
28. Students are not permitted to record video or audio in a classroom without prior permission of teachers or the principal of the college.
29. Students should refrain from the activities like scribbling on walls, door or furniture of the college which could mutilate the college and destroy the academic atmosphere.
30. Students cannot arrange any unauthorized celebrations or decorations inside the college without taking permission of the principal.
31. Students are expected to make use of academic, co-curricular and extracurricular facilities to the maximum level so as to make them physically fit, academically competent, mentally alert and socially sensitive.
32. Students intending to participate in the events of inter college competition/ programme, youth festival etc. shall take prior permission from the principal of the college.
33. It is compulsory for all students to appear in all the examinations conducted by the college or the university.
34. The students' union body of the college will be formed as per Lyngdoh Committee recommendations approved by the Honorable Supreme Court of India.
35. Political activity is not permitted inside the college campus. Unauthorized meetings, processions, collection of fee etc. inside or outside the college campus are forbidden.
36. Misbehavior towards girl students, fellow members or even any member of the college will be treated as a matter of serious misconduct.
Duties and responsibilities of Heads of Departments
1. The Hodis responsible for conducting all academic programmes of the department as per the norms of Dibrugarh University and UGC.
2. Maintain a harmonious and strong relationship between students and teachers and enhance students' level of motivation and therefore promote learning.
3. Formulate the time table to complete the syllabus in time.
4. Progress report of the students should be sent to the parents through the principal.
5. Remedial action should be taken to the slow learner students.
6. The Hod should ensure that the classes are held as per the time table prepared by the college.
7. The Hod should verify the student attendance registers once in a week.
8. The HoD should monitor students' development and problem and guide them properly.
9. The HoD should arrange a meeting of faculty once in a fortnight to review theacademic activities of the department.
10. The books prescribed by the university for each semester should made available in the departmental library.
11. The Hod should maintain all records of concerned students in a disciplined and systematic manner.