Jhanji Hemnath Sarma College has hostel accommodation only for deserving meritorious girl students near the college campus. Construction of new RCC Girls' Hostel is completed with the financial grant from RUSA. These hostels are managed by the college under hostel rules. Meritorious and long distance students are given preference for allotment of hostel seat. A hostel committee is constructed to look after the hostels. The college has tried to provide all necessary facilities to the boarders and take adequate care of each boarder. Adequate security is provided by the college authority to the boarders. Running Water and Electricity facilities to the boarders are made available 24x7 hours. The college hostels are under the direct control of the college authority and the respective warden.
Rules and Regulations for the Boarders
- Every student must be present at the prayer time i.e., 6.00 pm. All students will report for the roll call every day at prayer time.
- A boarder shall have to stay in the room allotted to her with two or more inmates. Rough handling of Hostel furniture, Room furniture or any furniture or property of the hostel is strictly forbidden. If any individual or group is identified to have caused the damage, double the cost of the damaged property will be recovered from her/group.
- The Boarders themselves are personally responsible to safeguard their belongings. They are advised not to keep large amounts of cash or valuables like golden jewellery, costly wristwatch etc., in their rooms. They should also take care of their purse, cell phones and books. In case of theft or loss of any item the hostel authorities/institute will not be responsible for such loss. The Boarders are advised to keep their rooms, boxes, suitcases, cupboards, etc., securely locked with good quality locks.
- It is mandatory for students residing in the hostel to join the mess attached to the hostel. No hosteller is permitted to take food in the room except for those reported sick with prior permission of hostel warden. Indoor cooking including making of tea/coffee/noodles in the rooms is strictly prohibited. The hostellers will not waste food, electricity & water.
- The institute timing is 9.00am to 3.45pm (Monday- Saturday). Students are not allowed to stay in the hostel during the class hours unless the stay is unavoidable due to illness or any other valid reason. In such cases, they should take the permission and communicate the information to the warden in writing and take permission from principal.
- No student shall leave the hostel without prior permission of the principal and hostel warden and boarders are allowed to go home after 15 days of returning from home.
- The institute/hostel authorities will conduct surprise checks periodically and if anyone is found violating the above rules, disciplinary action will be taken against her. The hostel rooms are subject to inspection by the institute/hostel authority to make sure that they are kept neat and tidy. They also have to follow proper methods of disposal of used objects.
- The mobile should be submitted to Monitor from 7.00 pm to 10.30 pm.
- Appropriate clothes should be worn by the hostellers in the hostel.
- Hostellers are not allowed to go out of the campus during classes. It is reiterated that the students staying in hostels are permitted to go out of the hostels for local shopping on Wednesday, Saturday.
- Watching T.V. will be permitted only Saturday and Sunday from 8.30 pm to 10.30 pm and from 12.pm to 4.30 pm on Sunday (Day time).
- A boarder who wants to leave the hostel shall inform the warden in writing at least a week in advance failing which she will have to pay the hostel charges for the whole month.
- Ragging is strictly prohibited in the hostel.
- The hostel mess will be managed by the boarders with the help of monitor.
- Boarders are required to maintain silence during study hours (5.00 am to 8.15 am and 7.00 pm to 10.30 pm)
- All Boarders have to clean their hostel on every Sunday from 8.00 am to 10am.